Because I haven’t published that much this month I will therefore give you a wrap-up of the most interesting things I already twittered with some explanation why I consider it interesting.
1. Sleep above the store at Maison Rika in Amsterdam
A guest room above a store? What is more engaging than being so close to the store the brand and its story.
2. Small businesses can sell their product at Target
3. The first ’Start up store’ opened its doors in New York
Individualism and an uncertain employment market infuses the rise of a new mercantile class. Retail concepts that offer more niche products/services and takes the (new) small entrepreneurs serious will be winners.
4. Top shop bus service to promote new store
If viral marketing is the word, than this ‘billboard’ bus that drives you to the new shop location is a winner.
5. Radio Shack recognize it roots and starts a community site
Acknowledge your heritage by giving your first fans a platform to meet and share knowledge is a wise marketing move for every brand. When this platform is all about creating, it’s spot on the current trends.
6. Swap vending machine
Now the environment and the crisis are dictating the way we think about consumption. New (commercial) initiatives around swapping are more relevant than ever.
7. JC Penny’s groundbreaking (price) strategy
In a time that service seems to be a must and price is leading. Thinking different about pricing your product can be a great way to keep the lead.